Nano-Coating of Hearing Aids
- PROTECTS Hearing Aids and Equipment from MOISTURE, CORROSION and CERUMEN DAMAGE.
- Stops AND Limits RETURNED PRODUCT DUE TO DAMAGE.
- IST’s technology was developed under a US National Science Foundation SBIR grant.
- IST’s process is Patented.
- IST was awarded an Edison Award in Material Science for the WaterShield process and for the development of the Blue Lantern nano-coating system.
WHAT IS IT?
In general, the nano coating process comes from the high-tech semiconductor industry and can be adapted to provide a range of treatments for different applications. It is in an almost invisible thin-film coating that protects against corrosion and moisture.
HOW IS IT APPLIED?
We employ a vacuum chamber at room temperature, to apply our chemistry and attach a nanometer-thin polymer layer over the entire hearing aid. Watershield™ is a plasma based process, the monomer becomes part of the hearing aid material. Repellix™ is a unique chemical vapor deposition process used to alter the product’s surface energy so that when liquids come into contact with it they form moisture beads that run off the surface of the hearing aid.
WHY DO MANUFACTURERS OF HEARING AIDS NEED THIS?
REDUCE RETURNS! We want to help protect your Hearing Aid or electronics, water safe and protect from corrosion and Cerumen damage that increase your product returns.
Hearing aids are subjected to Cerumen build-up, moisture penetration, and body chemistry that leads to battery contact corrosion and reduced reliability. All of these factors contribute to “down time” and can compromise warranties and increase repair costs.
Our nano-coating of devices and/or components protect against moisture and act as a moisture and corrosion repellent.
Invisible Technology, SUPER Visible Results
Highlights of our technology Applied to Hearing Aids
Nano-coating will provide the following general design characteristics:
- Protection/reliability – Improves the reliability from the high risk of liquid damage through corrosion or electrical failure.
- Durability – our coatings are chemical bonded to the device providing long term reliability.
- Economical – only cents per device.
- Invisible Thinness – our nano-coatings are typically between 2 to 100 nanometers which is virtually invisible and protects the performance of electronic devices without affecting the product’s look.
- Lightness – weights are typically 0.1 to 1.0 micrograms per square meter.
- Transparency – virtually undetectable.
INVISIBLE COATING – NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON’T
Because the coating is one thousandth the thickness of a human hair, it is invisible to sight or touch. It does not affect the look, feel, or acoustic performance of the hearing aid.
Repellix™ is the only nano-coating that is truly Oleophobic nano-coating on any surface. Other nano-coatings are only hydrophobic and require product texture to reach near super-hydrophobic properties. Repellix™ is the best earwax nano-coating barrier available – guaranteed.
WaterShield™ is the lowest cost plasma based nano-coating available on the market in combination with a desktop Blue Lantern deposition system.
Every component of the hearing aid (inside and outside) coated with Repellix™ or WaterShield™ can improve the liquid-repellency, reliability and quality of hearing devices.
Contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org so we can start saving your company money.
Menlo Park, California 94025
Phone: (650) 324-1824